German Tourist Arrested in Bali After Assaulting Female Motorist

Share:

A tourist with German nationality went viral for blocking a vehicle and slapping a female motorcyclist in Bali.

The disgraceful action was carried out by a German tourist named Henry BT. He blocked the speed of the vehicle and committed violence against a motorcyclist at Jalan Imam Bonjol, Denpasar, Bali, on June 12, 2024.

His actions scared many road users in Bali because he carelessly went to the middle of the road and approached the motorists. One of the female motorists was hit by this foreign tourist.

Several eyewitnesses said that, at first, the man was seen several times trying to hit and kick motorists in the middle of the road.

The man became more reckless by blocking motorists traveling from the east of Jalan Imam Bonjol. He was desperate to stand in the middle of the road until people were scared.

Afraid of violence, some of the following vehicles chose to drive slowly. Satya revealed that the Caucasian, whose identity was unknown, had been seen walking while looking for motorcyclist targets from a distance.

Unfortunately, one of the female motorists came forward and was victimized by the foreign tourist. After hitting the woman who looked like a local, the Caucasian man wearing a black T-shirt and shorts immediately ran towards Sunset Road.

This German tourist had also committed vandalism and was threatened by breaking the glass of a villa in Kuta. Not only that, the perpetrator broke the glass of the villa next door and threatened the villa employees with a knife.

Kuta Police officers have arrested the perpetrator, who is now detained in the Kuta Police Station detention room.

Kuta Police Chief AKP I Ketut Agus Pasek Sudina said the perpetrator came to Bali for a vacation after experiencing problems in his family.

“The person concerned is depressed because his parents are divorced in Germany. After that, his father remarried. After some time, his father died in Germany,” I Ketut Agus Pasek Sudina told MetroTVNews.

Bali police officers will conduct a psychiatric examination of the suspect. The tourist named Henry BT could be charged with Article 351 of the Criminal Code, Article 335 of the Criminal Code, Article 406 of the Criminal Code, and Article 2 Paragraph 1 of Indonesian Law No. 12 of 1951 concerning sharp weapons, with a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

This tourist is known to have been on Bali for seven months. The 37-year-old man went to Bali alone to find peace.

However, he was acting up in Bali. Based on the police investigation, they did not find any illegal drugs in the place where the tourist was staying.

Kuta Police has communicated with the German Consulate in Bali regarding the condition of one of its citizens.

“He is VoA (visa on arrival), a tourist, but we have checked with Immigration for temporary information. His visa is dead. His passport was also not found in the bag,” said Kuta Police Chief AKP I Ketut Agus Pasek Sudina, as reported by DetikBali.

Find this article helpful? Check out our other articles from Social Expat for more food and drink recommendations in Indonesia:

SEO Writer

Imelda is a content writer specializing in viral news and Indonesian culture. Her work revolves around researching and analyzing current events, social media trends, and popular culture.

Related News

A foreign woman was caught on CCTV allegedly stealing four items of clothing worth a total of IDR 2.5 million from the Yoga Shanty shop on Jalan Hanoman No. 30, Ubud District, Gianyar Regency, Bali. Footage of the incident was later shared on social media and went viral. The incident occurred on Monday, July 27, […]

A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) on 15 August 2026, forcing tens of thousands of residents to evacuate after damaging homes and public facilities. Among those affected was Maria Florida Nogo Kelen, a resident of Nagekeo Regency who was forced to undergo an emergency Caesarean section while the earthquake and aftershocks continued. […]

The death toll from the magnitude 7.7 earthquake that struck East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) on Saturday, 15 August 2026, has risen to 68, with 213 people reported injured, according to Indonesia’s National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), as reported by ANTARA News. The earthquake struck Flores early on Saturday morning, with its epicentre near Nagekeo in […]

A local resident accused of sexually harassing an overseas tourist in the Lovina resort area has escaped police prosecution, with local authorities choosing instead to settle the matter by requiring him to sign a formal statement of apology. The incident occurred in Kalibukbuk Village, within the Buleleng District of Bali. The perpetrator, identified as Wayan […]

Expat Events

Indonesia Visas

Expat Event

Business Networking
IDR 200.000
Casa Cuomo Ristorante & Lounge
Social Networking
IDR 150.000
Sky Pool, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Social Networking
IDR 150.000
Amigos Kemang

Indonesia Guide

Just For Fun

Write For Us

Exclusive Promotions

Event Gallery