Bali Airport Reports 15 Flight Cancellations Due to US–Israel–Iran Conflict

Bali Airport Reports 15 Flight Cancellations Due to US–Israel–Iran Conflict

Share:

I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport has confirmed the cancellation of 15 international flights following airspace closures linked to the escalating conflict involving the United States, Israel and Iran.

Gede Eka Sandi Asmadi, Head of the Communication and Legal Division at the airport, said the cancellations were recorded as of Monday, 2 March 2026, at 1.00 pm Central Indonesian Time (WITA).

“In connection with the closure of airspace in several countries, we can inform you that as of Monday, March 2, 2026, at 1:00 PM Central Indonesian Time, a total of 15 international flights have been canceled,” he said in Denpasar.

He added that the figure consists of eight departing flights and seven arrivals accumulated since 28 February 2026.

The cancelled departures include Emirates EK369 scheduled at 7.50 pm WITA on 28 February from Denpasar (DPS) to Dubai (DXB), Etihad Airways EY477 at 6.45 pm WITA on the same day from Denpasar to Abu Dhabi (AUH), and Qatar Airways QR963 at 8.30 pm WITA from Denpasar to Doha (DOH).

Other cancelled departures were Qatar Airways QR961 at 2.10 am WITA on 1 March, Emirates EK399 at 12.25 am WITA on 1 March, Emirates EK369 at 7.50 pm WITA on 1 March, Etihad Airways EY477 at 6.45 pm WITA on 1 March, and Emirates EK399 at 12.25 am WITA on 2 March.
Arrivals were also affected.

Cancelled inbound flights include Etihad EY476 scheduled to arrive at 11.35 am WITA on 1 March from Abu Dhabi, Emirates EK368 at 4.30 pm WITA on 1 March from Dubai, Emirates EK398 at 10.20 pm WITA on 1 March from Dubai, and Qatar Airways QR960 at 10.50 pm WITA on 1 March from Doha.

Further arrival cancellations on 2 March include Qatar Airways QR961 at 5.10 am WITA from Doha, Emirates EK368 at 4.30 pm WITA from Dubai, and Emirates EK398 at 10.20 pm WITA from Dubai.

According to airline data, 3,197 passengers cancelled their departures from Bali. Data on affected arriving passengers has not yet been confirmed.

Airport Operations Continue as Normal

Despite the disruptions, airport management said overall operations remain stable.

“However, we can inform you that flight operations and airport services at I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali, are generally operating normally and optimally,” Eka Sandi said.

He stated that the airport continues to monitor developments in Middle Eastern airspace and is coordinating with relevant stakeholders.

“We are coordinating with AirNav Indonesia to monitor the affected airspace, as well as with security personnel to anticipate the security situation at the airport,” he said.

The airport is also working closely with airlines to update flight schedules and assist passengers already at the terminal. A help desk has been set up on the second floor of the International Departures Terminal.

Passengers can also obtain information via contact centre 172.

Management has prepared parking stands for up to five aircraft from the three affected airlines to accommodate operational adjustments.

“So far, all passengers have been handled in accordance with each airline’s policies,” Eka Sandi said.

He urged travellers to remain in contact with their respective airlines for the latest schedule updates.

Passengers Stranded as Conflict Disrupts Travel Plans

The flight cancellations have affected travellers transiting through Middle Eastern hubs. Several foreign nationals were forced to adjust their travel plans.

One passenger, Marlene, a Dutch national travelling with her husband on their honeymoon, said they were scheduled to return home after a holiday in Bali. Their itinerary included transit in Doha.

“We’ve tried to find new flights around the Middle East. But they’re very expensive and very long. So we thought we’d be here for a few days,” Marlene said on Monday.

The airport authority did not provide details on how many foreign nationals have extended their stay as a result of the cancellations.

Airlines including Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways have adjusted their schedules in response to airspace restrictions in parts of the Middle East. The airport authority said it will continue to provide updates as the situation develops.

Find this article helpful? Check out our other News Article from Social Expat!

Related News

A 17-year-old student from Palangka Raya, Central Kalimantan, has drawn international attention after helping local residents and authorities extinguish forest and land fires while wearing a Superman costume. Rudiansyah, a 10th-grade student at SMA Negeri 10 Palangka Raya, has been helping fight fires near his home in Jalan Petuk Katimpun, Petuk Katimpun sub-district, Jekan Raya, […]

Three foreign nationals from Israel were expelled from a gym in Ubud, Gianyar Regency, Bali, after the owner said one of them had behaved rudely towards staff. The incident was recorded and shared on social media, where it attracted attention after the gym owner was heard questioning the men about their nationality and whether they […]

A 57-year-old fisherman from Ternate, North Maluku, has been rescued after drifting at sea for 26 days, following his disappearance while fishing off the coast of Pulau Batang Dua. Esau Sidemo, a resident of Bido Village, Pulau Batang Dua District, was rescued by the crew of the French-flagged LNG cargo vessel LNG Endeavour while it […]

A foreign woman was caught on CCTV allegedly stealing four items of clothing worth a total of IDR 2.5 million from the Yoga Shanty shop on Jalan Hanoman No. 30, Ubud District, Gianyar Regency, Bali. Footage of the incident was later shared on social media and went viral. The incident occurred on Monday, July 27, […]

Expat Events

Indonesia Visas

Expat Event

Social Networking
IDR 200.000
Sky Pool, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Social Networking
IDR 150.000
Amigos Kemang
Social Networking
IDR 170.000
Poolside, Grand Hyatt Jakarta

Indonesia Guide

Just For Fun

Write For Us

Exclusive Promotions

Event Gallery