Transjakarta Airport Bus Will Start to Operate on the 4th of July for a Trial Run

Share:

Beginning on the 4th of July 2023, Transjakarta buses serving the route to Soekarno-Hatta Airport will operate over a trial run under the control of the state-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II (AP II) and the Jakarta-owned bus operator PT Transjakarta.

Executive General Manager of Soekarno-Hatta Airport Dwi Ananda Wicaksana told local media on Wednesday, the 28th of June 2023, “The trial starts on the 4th of July and lasts for one month.”

The bus fare for the airport route will be free of charge during the trial run.

According to Dwi, the bus service’s primary demographic is airport employees. “That’s why the operating hours and the stops are adjusted [to the workers],” he continued.

Dwi explained that AP II surveyed airport staff members for their opinions on the routes that Transjakarta buses need to cover. So, considering journey time, the requirement for route services is justified.

Transjakarta Airport Bus Will Start to Operate on the 4th of July for a Trial Run
Source detik,com

Dwi said that his team had reviewed the necessary legislation for the route and other areas to ensure the bus operation complies with them. 

The Transjakarta airport bus will transit through the Immigration stop, the parking stop, and the Soekarno-Hatta roundabout stop during the trial run. However, the routes could be modified in the future if it is necessary.

Damri, the state-owned bus company, also introduced new airport transportation with a route from Soekarno Hatta Airport to Mega City Bekasi, which began operations on the 23rd of June last week. 

The company believes the new Damri Airport transit route would make it easier for the public to commute from and to Soekarno-Hatta Airport. “Hopefully, this service will help develop Damri’s airport transport to open new routes that may connect to other airports,” said Dadan Rudiansyah, head of commercial and business development at Damri.

Following a Memorandum of Understanding signed on the 10th of April 2023, Damri and PT MBH Management will work together to operate the airport transportation.

Director of PT MBH Management Michael Lakat applauded Damri and Mega City Bekasi’s collaboration to improve public transportation in Bekasi to Soekarno-Hatta Airport and spur interest in Mega City Bekasi as a transit hub among Bekasi residents.

Damri runs four sprinter buses daily from 4:00 to 18:00 with a fare of Rp100,000 to support the service. The ticket may be purchased at Mega City Bekasi’s departure ticketing facility. In the future, Damri Apps can be used to purchase tickets.

Interested in this topic? Check out our other articles from Social Expat: 

Content Writer

Being in love with writing at a young age, Anasya is eager to play with words and touch hearts. She’s been a content writer for a little over four years and officially be part of Social Expat in March 2023. Her perfectionism drives her to give her best on every project she handles.

Related News

A foreign woman was caught on CCTV allegedly stealing four items of clothing worth a total of IDR 2.5 million from the Yoga Shanty shop on Jalan Hanoman No. 30, Ubud District, Gianyar Regency, Bali. Footage of the incident was later shared on social media and went viral. The incident occurred on Monday, July 27, […]

A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) on 15 August 2026, forcing tens of thousands of residents to evacuate after damaging homes and public facilities. Among those affected was Maria Florida Nogo Kelen, a resident of Nagekeo Regency who was forced to undergo an emergency Caesarean section while the earthquake and aftershocks continued. […]

The death toll from the magnitude 7.7 earthquake that struck East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) on Saturday, 15 August 2026, has risen to 68, with 213 people reported injured, according to Indonesia’s National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), as reported by ANTARA News. The earthquake struck Flores early on Saturday morning, with its epicentre near Nagekeo in […]

A local resident accused of sexually harassing an overseas tourist in the Lovina resort area has escaped police prosecution, with local authorities choosing instead to settle the matter by requiring him to sign a formal statement of apology. The incident occurred in Kalibukbuk Village, within the Buleleng District of Bali. The perpetrator, identified as Wayan […]

Expat Events

Indonesia Visas

Expat Event

Business Networking
IDR 200.000
Casa Cuomo Ristorante & Lounge
Social Networking
IDR 150.000
Sky Pool, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Social Networking
IDR 150.000
Amigos Kemang

Indonesia Guide

Just For Fun

Write For Us

Exclusive Promotions

Event Gallery